Monday, July 13, 2009

Time Away!

Last week Spencer and I enjoyed a rare get-away with just the two of us. We were able to go to a beautiful resort in Punta Cana in the Dominican Republic. We loved every minute of our fun vacation, and we're so grateful for generous grandparents who watched our kids while we were gone.
Our favorite activity of the trip was scuba diving. We both got scuba certified when we were in college, but we haven't been since we were married. We were able to do two dives on this trip and it was awesome! We saw beautiful sea life, coral, and we were so excited when we saw a sea turtle.
The all-inclusive resort had many fun activities we could participate in for free, so we took full advantage of that and stayed busy the whole trip. We enjoyed horse-back riding, kayaking, paddle-boat riding, hobie cat sailing, yoga/pilates classing (just me), swimming, and relaxing.

Some flamingos lived right outside our hotel room and we enjoyed watching them every time we passed. Leia loves flamingos so we took several photos of them.
We enjoyed eating all kinds of yummy food on our trip. This photo was taken in their Tepanyaki restaurant where I caught the shrimp with my mouth that Spencer had them throw at me. We loved this trip we had together. We will enjoy these memories forever.


3 comments:

  1. Yeah! Such fun! Which resort did you stay in down there? The one we were at 2 weeks ago didn't include the horseback riding and we are going again in a few weeks with Kierstin, so we may want to pick a different hotel. Drat that we didn't get to see you! Glad you had fun!
    -Kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you guys had fun!!! Your photos really make me want to take a tropical vacation with my hubby!

    ReplyDelete
  3. if you could see the jealousy on my face, you would take such pity on me you would send me two tickets to do exactly what you did. Then there would be world peace. I just know it.

    ohhhhhhhhhhhhh it looks like you had a blast!!! I bet spencer had a blast speakin' the espanol!

    ReplyDelete