Monday, May 10, 2010

Grocery Check-out Line

Checking out at the grocery store is always somewhat stressful for me.  I frequently use price-matching and coupons at Walmart, so the cashiers are usually not very excited to help me in the first place. Then, I always have Ammon and Peter as my helpers.
 It's good that Peter is buckled into the cart so he can't go anywhere, but I have had to run from the check-out stand several times to search for my blond child who has run away.  Luckily, I usually find him looking at the cartoon pictures on the redbox machine.
Ammon likes to help move the groceries in and out of the cart.  Occasionally that is helpful, but usually I'm too worried about the eggs or bread being smashed. 
This week at the grocery store, Peter found something in my purse that kept him quite entertained during the check-out process.  I looked over at him and saw a bright light flashing around him.  He had a nice time snapping photos of himself while quietly waiting for Mommy to pay for the food.

4 comments:

  1. I FEEL your pain. What we won't do to save some money, right?? I beg Alfer to keep the kids so I can do my coupon shopping. I dread it more than anything else in the world when I have to take them. HAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!! cutie cute boys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is exactly the reason that Walmart is open 24 hours. You will be amazed how many friends you will meet there after 10:00! When I have the kiddos around (it gets NO better when they are 13) I try to shop after everyone is in bed. Makes for a long day, but much more peaceful at the store and I can actually think. Just put the perishables away when you get home and leave everything out for the next day! (The kids will think it is some kind of treasure hunt when they get up in the morning and there are all these fabulous treats sitting on the counters in bags!)
    -Kim

    ReplyDelete
  3. Melanie-what a darling little family you have! It's been forever!

    I feel ya on the grocery store. I do NOT take my kids with me anymore. luckily my baby is now 5 and in school and I can go while they're all gone. I don't know what I'll do in the Summer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm still giggling about the shopping fun. I love "The Nose". You should call me. I like the entertainment. MOM

    ReplyDelete