Monday, January 18, 2010

Phoenix

Spencer and I were lucky to enjoy a quick trip to Phoenix this weekend.  We celebrated Spencer's Grandpa's 90th birthday.  He is such a cute little cowboy!

We love spending time with Grandpa Rollins, he has such great stories to tell.  Spencer and I sang a silly song in the family talent show about the time Grandpa traded their refrigerator for a horse and how unhappy Grandma Lois was when she found out.  The song was to the tune, "There's a hole in my bucket".

We enjoyed going to Grandpa's ward and then took some nice photos of the handsome Rollins men.

Grandpa Rollins has trained horses his whole life.  I was able to go to my first horse race while we were in Phoenix.  Spencer bet a couple dollars on his Grandpa's and his cousin's horses and was proud that he won about forty dollars.

I had a fun time with Spencer, John and Nate riding around in the cart, touring Grandpa's ranch.

We enjoyed visiting the horses on Grandpa's ranch.  I was a little nervous at first, but Spencer talked me into petting a couple horses.

Our kids were happy to stay at Grandma Collier's house while Spencer and I were gone the two days.  We didn't have much time for shopping, so their only souvenirs were the free hats we got at the race track.

2 comments:

  1. How fun, a trip for just the two of you. I would have loved to hear your silly song.. sounds hilarious. And your kids are so lucky to have such a fun grandma and grandpa to stay with.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our words based on the Rollins Grandparents' true stories to "There's a hole in my Bucket"

    The refrigerator is gone, Dear Lyman...its gone!
    Cause I traded it, Dear Lois...traded it.
    For what did you trade it, Dear Lyman...for what?
    For a horse, Dear Lois...a thoroughbread racing
    horse.
    Well, where ya gonna keep it, Dear Lyman...where?
    In the garage, Dear Lois...the perfect place for
    a horse.
    Well, whatcha gonna feed it,Dear Lyman...feed it?
    Carrots and apples, Dear Lois...carrots n apples.
    Well, where ya gonna keep them, Dear Lyman...?
    In the refrigerator, Dear Lois...refrigerator.
    The refrigerator is gone, Dear Lyman...its GONE!

    ReplyDelete