Monday, October 26, 2009

A Fun Fall Hike

Look at those tough hikers and one very nice behind!
We enjoyed a beautiful hike through the fall leaves in Adam's canyon, even though it ended up taking a little longer than we expected.
My Dad told us he completed this hike with three kids in a couple hours, but we're quite certain they didn't make it all the way to the falls--right Dad!? We finished the hike in about three and a half hours. About an hour into the hike, I was singing the Pioneer Children walking song to keep the kids going. This is the point where we think my Dad's hike ended. Talmage, Leia and Ammon were still happy even though they all ended up with wet feet from slipping on rocks in the river.






Spencer's strength was quite impressive as he carried this 27 pound chub-a-lub all the way to the falls and back.










Talmage was a great helper and he carried the water for all of us throughout the whole hike.





The waterfall was very beautiful and worth the long hike to me, but I'm not sure if my kids would say the same. I think we'll wait a couple years before we try that hike again. But I'm very proud that we made it with four little ones, and that we were still smiling when we got back to the van.








No comments:

Post a Comment