Monday, May 11, 2009

My Mother's Day

I had a fun Mother's Day yesterday! Talmage told me to make a list of things that I wanted for Mother's Day so he and the other kids could vote to decide what they would give me. They decided on giving me one hour of uninterrupted reading time (maybe I'll use that today), no fighting for one week (so far, pretty good), and breakfast in bed. Talmage woke up early and started making breakfast. He decided he wanted to boil an egg for me, but I guess the egg was only half-way boiled and he gave up on that idea. Then he decided on some simpler choices and presented the wonderful meal to me while I was still in bed.


The creative breakfast consisted of: A piece of toast, tortilla chips, a box of raisins, and three pieces of leftover Easter candy. I was thrilled! My kids are so sweet! A little later in the morning Spencer made us a second breakfast--my favorite: French Toast! Yummy!

2 comments:

  1. the picture of you with your kids, looking at your beautiful tortilla strip breakfast, just had me rolling!!! I love this!!!!! happy mother's day, you beautiful mother! I love that picture of all of you at the top. I just wanna smooch on Ammon withi his hand in his pocket.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the breakfast, that's cute!
    I see you have Bella's lullaby in your music. Does that mean you've read Twilight???
    That's great that Spencer is mowing with Peter on his back! Maybe I'll have to have my Spencer try that!

    ReplyDelete